Nicole McLaughlin, L.Ac., MAOM, MSED
Being an Acupuncturist is Deeply Fulfilling
It’s an honor and privilege to partner with you on your path to better health. Working with people one-on-one and seeing their progress is deeply fulfilling. I enjoy making connections and sharing the wisdom of East Asian Medicine.
Use the quick links below to jump to that section lower on the page:
Growing Up & Showing Up
Growing up in the 80s & 90s in an English-only speaking household with a multilingual, Spanish-speaking mother from Buenos Aires, Argentina, shaped my experience as a first-generation American in Upstate New York.
My mom and dad placed a lot of emphasis on bettering myself with education, sports, and the cultural arts. As a kid and teenager, I studied piano and the alto saxophone. I also enjoyed drawing, singing, and dancing.
When I was a senior in high school, I entered college a year early, which allowed me to earn 30 undergraduate credits and finish my undergrad studies at the age of 20. I feel lucky to have completed my formal education and to have the opportunity to share the knowledge I’ve acquired to serve others.
My Commitment to YOU
I’ve created a safe, inclusive space for patients to address their health concerns naturally and holistically. I’m committed to supporting you by using East Asian Medicine to address the root of your health concern and to enhance your overall health. My goal is to provide excellent acupuncture medical services and for you to experience the benefits of holistic healthcare.
I’ve completed a six-year graduate level accredited acupuncture and Oriental medicine program at Maryland University of Integrative Health in Columbia, MD. As a licensed acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist, I’m licensed through the District of Columbia Department of Health, Board of Medicine. I’m an expert in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology. No matter what your health concerns are, I have the qualifications and the experience to help you feel better.
- Maryland University of Integrative Health, Masters of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- State University of New York at Fredonia, Masters of Education, Literacy and Language
- GPA 4.0, Summa Cum Laude
- State University of New York at Fredonia, Bachelors of Education, Birth-Grade 6
- GPA 3.8, Summa Cum Laude
Post-Graduate Studies & Seminars
- Clinical Integration of Chinese Medicine, 2-year course with Lonny Jarrett
- Deepening Perspectives of Chinese Medicine, 6-month class with Lonny Jarrett
- Facial Acupuncture Hands-On Practice, Michelle Gellis
- Treating Hormonal Patterns Gynecology with Essential Oils & Herbs, Peter Holmes
- Treating Allergies & Autoimmune Conditions with Essential Oils & Herbs, Peter Holmes
- Pulse Diagnosis with Ann Cecil Sterman
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Society of Acupuncturists, DC Delegate
- Acupuncture Society of DC (ASDC), Vice President 2021-present
My Expertise & Interests
- Five Elements in Acupuncture
- Eight Principles of Diagnosis in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Five Elements in Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Tuina Massage
- Cupping therapy
- Moxibustion / Moxa therapy
- Women’s Health
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Care
- Pain Management
- Mental-Emotional Health
Other Online Profiles
Inclusive Holistic Healthcare
We are sensitive to LGBTQ+ patients and offer a safe, inclusive space for you to address health concerns naturally and holistically. We value and celebrate diversity within the DC community we serve. This includes embracing a variety of cultures, skin tones, sexual and gender orientations, religious traditions, political views, family structures, mental and physical health and abilities, and socioeconomic statuses and educational backgrounds.
If we’re unable to accommodate your needs, we’ll do our best to connect you with community resources and referrals.
I’m Here to Help You Enhance Your Health
I’m here to support you on your path to better health. My goal is to bring balance and harmony into your life so that you feel better and live life fully.
East Asian Medicine is an elegant, sophisticated, and holistic system of natural medicine that can support your health and wellbeing. We use acupuncture, Chinese herbs, cupping therapy, and tuina massage as forms of treatment that can be used independently or together to resolve your primary health concern and more. Make an appointment today, and let’s create a plan for you.
We’re in-network with Aetna and BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS)/CareFirst. You can also use your FSA or HSA card. Ready to take the next step? Check your insurance benefits and then go to our online scheduling page to make your first appointment.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Nicole McLaughlin Acupuncture